Monday, July 20, 2009

Weighing in...

Justin and I went to the doctor today for my 36 week visit. Dr. Sherman says that Katelyn is already about 7 lbs. and may be about 9 lbs. by my due date! My first reaction was "ahhhhh....how am I going to deliver a 9 lb. baby?" It took a little time, but I have calmed down after talking to other people. I guess I can blame Justin's genes for this one. He was a 9 lb. 6 oz. baby himself. I am very thankful that we have a healthy baby, but I wasn't expecting her to be quite so big already. I guess I'm just worried about delivering her and the possibility of having to have a c-section. It's all just so nerve wrecking since this is my first baby. I'm just going to have to trust in the doctor and try not to worry too much. In two weeks, we will have another ultrasound so we can see just how big she is and go from there. 

3 comments:

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Don't worry. I know plenty of people who have delivered a 9 plus pound baby just fine! Plus, you never know with those ultrasounds. My tech told me they can be off a pound or so either way. My dr even told me that Aidan felt like he was going to be close to 9 pounds and he was only 7.14.

No point in worrying about it because you just never know what will really happen.

Keep positive girl! We will be praying for you and that baby girl!

Jamie said...

I know of so few drs. that actually guess right about the weight. Do not worry about it! And remember--it's not the weight of the baby that is the problem, it's the head size :) Best advice I received about laboring was to relax the muscles I could control so that the ones I didn't control could do their job. And God will give you the grace you need to deliver her--it will be there when you need it!

thecleggfamily said...

just some encouragement....i have a friend who just delivered a 10 lb 6 oz baby with no drugs...she says you have no idea what size you are having..it all feels the same, so no worries!!!! it will just be exciting to meet her...keep that as your focus!!