Saturday, July 25, 2009

22 days!!!

Oh my goodness! I can't believe I'm going to be a mom in 22 days... give or take. How do you really prepare for that? I mean, we have all the necessary equipment... the carseat (which needs to be put in the car), 
the crib, 

rocker, 

blankets, 

clothing, 

and diapers. 

Our house is stuffed corner to corner with baby stuff... mostly pink baby stuff. But even with all that stuff, I feel so unprepared for this new adventure of taking care of a new life. I've read the books, talked to friends and family, and studied the internet, but until that baby is here, I don't see how I can really understand the weight of it all. I'm excited beyond belief, but the emotion that is ranking just a little higher than excitement is fear!! 
What if I can't handle the crying? 

What if I can't figure out the whole breast feeding thing? (no picture available)

What if she gets sick? 

What if I never shower again :) ?? 

Well, I have 22 days. Ready or not, here she comes. (And I can hardly wait!!!!! :) )

3 comments:

Julia and Cody said...

haha - love it! Are you sure you couldn't find a breastfeeding picture? : ) You'll be fine! Me and your mom will be there to hold little Katelyn while you get a shower - so don't you worry! You're going to be a great mom!!!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Yes, don't worry. Ha!! I remember feeling exactly like that with Aidan AND with Logan. I don't think this process ever comes without any nerves attached to it. But, oh. (sigh) Can't you just wait to hold her and rock her and kiss on her and amell that fabulous baby smell and . . .

Yeah, so okay. Obviously my hormones are not back to normal because I am crying over here!! :)

You are going to be a WONDERFUL mother. And, you are probably as prepared as any new mother EVER will be, as crazy as it sounds right now.

thecleggfamily said...

you will do great! you really can't prepare at all for bringing home a baby, but your natural instinct just kicks in and you GO! i remember bringing madison home and trav and i looked at each other and said "ok, so where are we supposed to put her?!!". we didn't know if we should lay her down or hold her or what! it's so much fun though!! enjoy every second....