Sunday, July 19, 2009

36 weeks/ 8 months...almost there!

Here is my belly at 8 months pregnant. Wow!! 

Even though I'm really, really, tired of growing and gaining weight, I still really do love being pregnant. I've had a relatively easy pregnancy with only just a few complaints. I actually dodged the dreaded morning sickness. Believe it or not, I never had it at all. However, around my 26th week, I was hit with a terrible sinus infection. It took a week to get over and I thought it would never end. The sinus pressure gave me so much unbelievable pain in my head, cheeks, and jaw, I thought this was it, "I will never get pregnant again, if this is what happens". But, I got through it and know now that I will most likely want more children in the future. (I know that sounds dramatic, but it was really horrible.) Another complaint I've had is back pain. If I do too much, which isn't really much, I will get pretty bad back pain. Other small symptoms of pregnancy that I have include heartburn and having to go to the bathroom often; it seems like every half hour I'm making the trek to the bathroom...so annoying. At first, shopping for maternity clothes was pretty fun, but now that I am more tired and feeling very large, it has become more of a chore than a pleasure. I'm hoping that I don't have to set foot in the mall for a while. 

But there are lots of great and wonderful things about being pregnant. Like right now...my baby is squirming around and I can even see my stomach move with her. That is the coolest thing. I also love going to the doctor and getting to hear the heartbeat, which is usually right at 160 bpm. Not to mention, the ultrasounds. Those have been so much fun to experience. Getting to see the baby inside me gives me such a feeling of joy and happiness. I've enjoyed all the preparations that go along with having a baby. I've had two awesome baby showers and have enjoyed organizing all my baby things. I've had so much fun decorating the nursery and making sure we have everything we need to take care of our little girl. 

So now, at 36 weeks, it's all about resting and waiting to meet Katelyn. Justin and I can hardly wait till the day we get to see her. This has been the most exciting time of my life. 

1 comment:

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

I am so glad to see you update this blog and I just love the picture of you!!

I am so glad you have enjoyed pregnancy so much - I did too, even with the few down sides.

We are so looking forward to meeting little miss katelyn too! What a beautiful baby she will be. She will be so spoiled by all the people who already love her.