Monday, March 9, 2009

Logan has Arrived

Logan is my new second cousin. Theresa gave birth to him on Thursday, March 5 around 6 in the evening. We went Friday night to see him while they were still in the hospital. He is so tiny, weighing in at 6 lbs. 12 oz. I believe. I just adore him and had a great time holding him. I have to admit though, that being there in the hospital kinda freaked me out, for lack of better wording. I just got an anxious feeling knowing that I would soon be there in a hospital bed with a newborn baby to take care of.

I have since regained my sense of calm and definitely my excitement. We took another trip to Humble to see Logan at their house on Sunday. I got to hold him for a while and talk to Theresa about all kinds of pregnancy issues. Julia and I had a lot of questions for her, and fortunately she was very happy to answer them. She also loaned me some of her maternity clothes, for which I am very thankful.

I am counting down the days until our ultrasound next Monday. I absolutely cannot WAIT until I know if I am having a boy or a girl. I am just dying to start dreaming of what my baby will be like. Not only that, I am ready to start shopping!!!!

2 comments:

thecleggfamily said...

don't worry a bit about being freaked out in the hospital room. i was scared when i toured the hospital before madison AND just as nervous when i toured the hospital with noah!! i told travis you would think i would not be squeamish the second time around!! but, during the actual delivery and arrival of your baby...those thoughts never entered my mind....there is so much excitement and other things going on you don't even think about it!! can't wait to find out boy or girl!!!! i hope you are doing well.....

jenn

Carrie Murphy said...

thanks jenn!