Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Heartbeat

Yesterday, Justin and I got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was great. I love going to the doctor and just getting that confirmation that I really am still pregnant and this is not all a dream. The heartbeat was 160 which a lot of people say means that we will have a girl. Of course it doesn't matter to me either way, but feel free to comment on whether or not you agree with this old wives tale. It will be only a matter of a few more weeks and we will know for sure, but it's always fun to imagine what it would be like either way. Our next appointment is March 16 and on that day we will get an ultrasound to try and determine the sex of the baby. I can't wait to start preparing the nursery in either pink or blue.

6 comments:

Conry Family said...

Hearing Brooks' heartbeat never got old! You are right when it is confirmation that you really are pregnant and a baby is coming soon. So exciting. Brooks' heartbeats were always in the 140's to 150's. Have you done the chinese calendar yet? It has been exactly right for me and ALL of my friends. Even for one of my friends it said she would have a girl, and she ended up having twin girls:)

Jamie said...

Hearing the heartbeat is the most reassuring sound ever! That was my favorite part of each appointment! I'm glad you are finding out--can't wait to hear the news :)

Cliff & Kim said...

I am so happy for you! You and the baby are in my prayers, and I can't wait to find out what you are having!!! Love ya....

Carrie Murphy said...

Katy, the Chinese calendar says girl too!

Conry Family said...

No way! Now I really can't wait for your appointment!!! Enjoy that appt. (the one where you find out what you are having) It is by far the best one!

Theresa, Chris, Aidan and Logan said...

Okay. I hope you are having a girl because I am DYING to buy baby girl clothes.

However, I have to be the bearer of bad news or at least a little warning. Aidan's hearbeat was extremely high, which made me think he was going to be a girl. With this pregnancy the chinese calendar and that pencil trick both said I was going to have a girl, which I really wanted. So, these things are fun, but obviously they do not work ALL the time.